Mighty Probe Rod, 3/8″ Hex Rod 6′ Mighty Probe has been tested to 50,000 volts by an independent testing laboratory following ASTM F711-89 testing procedures. Additionally, it has been tested by the commercial laboratory services of a major utility company. (Both dry and 48hr. water soak to 45,000 volts.) FeaturesGrips:
- Bright Color, easy to see
- Comfortable, smooth
- Durable vinyl softens impact Handle:
- Sturdy 1″ x 11″ solid steel
- Provides additional weight and support for easier penetration
- Large enough to grip with both hands even while wearing gloves Isolator:
- High strength reinforced composite
- Molded to the handle for a secure connection
- Special alloy threaded insert Shaft:
- High quality alloy steel resists bending and bowing
- Same shaft as Smart Stick soil probe
- Handle and shaft threaded for secure connection and ease of replacement
- Threaded for tip or coupler and extension Tip:
- Replaceable TPT3 – Standard Tip (3-pack) TPTB3 – Ball Nose Tip (3-pack)
- Special alloy steel
- Tapered edges make penetration and withdrawal easier
Also available in stock: 48″ Mighty Probe Rod Safety Notes:
- Always throughtly inspect your Mighty Probe before each use.
- Always keep your Mighty Probe clean, dry and free of surface contamination to maintain insulating properties of the Isolator.
- Always attempt to de-energize power sources prior to using the Mighty Probe.
- Never allow bodily contact with the uninsulated portions of the tool if there is any chance that the probe will make contact with an energized source.
- To insure operator safety, be sure to follow OSHA regulations!
Mighty Probe Patent Number 5,487,432