To handle the large samples required in Superpave® specifications, the patented SP-55 Quartermaster quickly and accurately divides any hot-mix asphalt sample for quality control analysis. Field samples of 120lb (55kg) or more can easily be reduced, ensuring representative samples for consistent laboratory results. Large hopper reduces handling of hot material during preparation of laboratory samples. Quartermaster has a proven history of significantly reducing bias in sample reduction. In operation, a hot-mix sample is loaded evenly into the hopper. When the handle is released, the sample falls through the divider, and is distributed equally into four separate containers. Only occasional clean up is required to prevent buildup on exposed surfaces. Test Methods:
- AASHTO R 47
- Rugged steel construction stands up to field conditions.
- Two-part construction allows portability between jobsites.
- Four MA-950 Sample Containers are included.
- Order HMA-68 Material Handling Chute separately.
- Assembled(WxDxH): 14x17x48in (356x432x1,219mm)
- Estimated Ship Weight: 111lb (50kg).