Monitor 4, Radiation Alert Quality Handheld Detector This is a general purpose survey meter capable of detecting alpha, beta, gamma, and x-rays over 3 selectable ranges. A red count light flashes and a beep sounds with each event detected. Specifications:
- Detector: Halogen-quenched uncompensated GM tube with thin mica window 1.5-2.0 mg/cm2 thick.
- Display: Analog Meter holds full scale in fields as high as 100X maximum reading.
- Monitor 4 Energy Sensitivity: Detects alpha down to 2.5 MeV; typical detection efficiency at 3.6 MeV > 80%.
Detects beta at 50 keV with 35% efficiency. Detects beta at 150 keV with 75% efficiency. Detects gamma and
x-rays down to 10 keV through the window, 40 keV minimum through the sidewall. Normal background is approximately 10-20 CPM.
- Battery: Comes complete with 9V battery
- Calibration: Calibrated for 12 months from date of sale